WISE COUNTY, Va. - People in Southwest Virginia are receiving a helping hand when it comes to keeping their hearts healthy.
The Saint Mary's Health Wagon in Wise County is receiving a $200,000 grant from Astrazeneca HealthCare Foundation for its cardiovascular disease initiative.
The program focuses on reducing the risk of heart disease for people living with metabolic disorder, diabetes, and liver disease.
The Health Wagon visits 6 counties in Southwest Virginia to provide health care for the working un-insured. It has also been instrumental in providing free health care to thousands of people at Remote Area Medical clinics in Wise County.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- New Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City