WISE COUNTY, Va. - People in Southwest Virginia are receiving a helping hand when it comes to keeping their hearts healthy.
The Saint Mary's Health Wagon in Wise County is receiving a $200,000 grant from Astrazeneca HealthCare Foundation for its cardiovascular disease initiative.
The program focuses on reducing the risk of heart disease for people living with metabolic disorder, diabetes, and liver disease.
The Health Wagon visits 6 counties in Southwest Virginia to provide health care for the working un-insured. It has also been instrumental in providing free health care to thousands of people at Remote Area Medical clinics in Wise County.
- Space Needle owner: Ticket sales going to employees, relief fund
- Dolly Foundation: More than 900 sign up for relief fund assistance
- UPDATE: Jonesborough triple murder suspect pleads guilty, receives life sentence
- Saturday is last day to donate to Food City / BMS Relief Fund for Sevier County
- Coeburn man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries