WISE COUNTY, Va. - People in Southwest Virginia are receiving a helping hand when it comes to keeping their hearts healthy.
The Saint Mary's Health Wagon in Wise County is receiving a $200,000 grant from Astrazeneca HealthCare Foundation for its cardiovascular disease initiative.
The program focuses on reducing the risk of heart disease for people living with metabolic disorder, diabetes, and liver disease.
The Health Wagon visits 6 counties in Southwest Virginia to provide health care for the working un-insured. It has also been instrumental in providing free health care to thousands of people at Remote Area Medical clinics in Wise County.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting