WISE COUNTY, Va. - People in Southwest Virginia are receiving a helping hand when it comes to keeping their hearts healthy.
The Saint Mary's Health Wagon in Wise County is receiving a $200,000 grant from Astrazeneca HealthCare Foundation for its cardiovascular disease initiative.
The program focuses on reducing the risk of heart disease for people living with metabolic disorder, diabetes, and liver disease.
The Health Wagon visits 6 counties in Southwest Virginia to provide health care for the working un-insured. It has also been instrumental in providing free health care to thousands of people at Remote Area Medical clinics in Wise County.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals