NORTON, Va. - Electric rates could be going up for some residents in southwest Virginia and customers are invited to voice their opinions.
Kentucky Utilities is proposing the rate increase.
There are two public hearings in Norton Monday at the City Council chambers. They will be at 4:00pm and 7:00pm.
Kentucky Utilities, which operates as Old Dominion Power Company in Virginia, is proposing an average monthly increase of $9.57.
The proposal will eventually go before the State Corporation Commission for approval. You have until September 26th to submit your comments.
If you can't make the meeting you can submit your comments electronically by visiting www.scc.virgini.gov/case. The case number is PUE-2013-00013
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone