WISE COUNTY, Va. - The official numbers are in for a free healthcare clinic that made a stop in our region.
The Remote Area Medical Clinic helped more than 2,000 people receive care at the Wise County, Virginia fairgrounds.
About $2.2 million dollars of care was given at this year's RAM clinic.
We also learned, 899 pair of glasses were handed out.
The most popular service was dentistry. RAM organizers tell us more than half of the people who came to the clinic got some type of dentistry work done.
4,995 services were performed over the three-day event.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction