Wise County, Virginia's Commonwealth Attorney Chuck Slemp has completed a history project that details the judicial duty of 28 men who have held the title of his office.
Slemp unveiled a new plaque Monday during a ceremony that will hang inside the Wise County Courthouse that has the name of each attorney that has served the county since 1856.
"Hopefully, this event today will ensure that the memory of these public servants will not be boarded up, dusty and forgotten. Instead, it will be honored, celebrated and prominently displayed," Slemp said in his remarks during the ceremony attended by several dignitaries including Delegate Terry Kilgore, R-Gate City.
Slemp said several private donations were used to complete the project.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show