NORTON, Va. - A Norton, Virginia man is dead after police say he was involved in an accidental shooting on Sunday.
Norton police say they got the call to the scene Sunday and found Michael Tate shot in the head.
According to the Coalfield Progress, Tate died from those injuries.
Police believe Tate and a juvenile were target practicing at the Norton Reservoir when the incident happened.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape