NORTON, Va. - A Norton, Virginia man is dead after police say he was involved in an accidental shooting on Sunday.
Norton police say they got the call to the scene Sunday and found Michael Tate shot in the head.
According to the Coalfield Progress, Tate died from those injuries.
Police believe Tate and a juvenile were target practicing at the Norton Reservoir when the incident happened.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane