WISE, Va. - A man has been charged in the alleged gunman hoax at the University of Virginia-Wise last night. Click here for more information.
Bryant Alexander Hairston of Martinsville, Virginia was charged with falsely summoning law enforcement officials.
He is a sophomore and a psychology major.
Hairston is not allowed back on campus pending further review of the charges.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect