NORTON, Va. - A local hospital has a new state-of-the-art surgical suite.
Norton Community Hospital surgeons started operating in the suite Wednesday.
Hospital officials say the upgrade is comparable with much bigger hospitals.
The suite is about 17,000 square feet.
That's about 70% larger than the old operating rooms.
Officials say the overall cost of the upgrade was $12 milliaon.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day