NORTON, Va. - A local hospital has a new state-of-the-art surgical suite.
Norton Community Hospital surgeons started operating in the suite Wednesday.
Hospital officials say the upgrade is comparable with much bigger hospitals.
The suite is about 17,000 square feet.
That's about 70% larger than the old operating rooms.
Officials say the overall cost of the upgrade was $12 milliaon.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment