Wise County, VA - An execution date was set Tuesday morning for Robert Charles Gleason.
According to the Wise County court record, he'll be put to death on January 16,2013.
Gleason was charged in the murder of two other inmates while serving a life sentence in prisons in Wise County, Virginia. He vowed to keep killing unless he was put to death.
Gleason killed his cellmate at Wallen's Ridge State Prison in 2009 and another inmate at Red Onion in 2010.
He chose to die by electrocution.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record