WISE COUNTY, Va. - A non-profit group that helps provide health care for the working uninsured is hoping to gain some community support.
The Health Wagon in Wise County is welcoming in community members Wednesday evening, hoping to teach others about their health care programs.
Within the last year the Health Wagon opened a new, permanent facility in Wise, in addition to the clinic in Clintwood and two mobile RV units. "We're looking to reach out and cultivate relationships within the community, to understand the scope and the services of the health wagon," says executive director Teresa Gardner.
Soon the Health Wagon plans to add dental and vision services for their patients.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death