COEBURN, Va. - A Coeburn, Virginia nurse practitioner has received a high honor.
Teresa Gardner has won the 2012 American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Domestic Humanitarian Award for her efforts and commitment to caring for needy patients in rural Appalachia.
That award is given annually to honor a nurse practitioner who has had a substantial impact on the health of a community or patient population.
Gardner is the Executive Director of the Health Wagon, which is a key partner in the Remote Area Medical Clinic.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone