COEBURN, Va. - A Coeburn, Virginia nurse practitioner has received a high honor.
Teresa Gardner has won the 2012 American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Domestic Humanitarian Award for her efforts and commitment to caring for needy patients in rural Appalachia.
That award is given annually to honor a nurse practitioner who has had a substantial impact on the health of a community or patient population.
Gardner is the Executive Director of the Health Wagon, which is a key partner in the Remote Area Medical Clinic.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death