APPALACHIA, Va. - Four people are taken to the hospital after a head-on collision in southwest Virginia Wednesday night.
Virginia State Police said a car driving along US-23 Business near Appalachia Elementary School crossed the center line hitting an oncoming Jeep head on.
Appalachia Fire Department officials said the driver of the car was pinned beneath the vehicle when their crews arrived. The male driver was flown to Holston Valley Medical Center with serious injuries.
Three people in the Jeep were transported to Norton Community Hospital.
Charges are pending in the case.
- Bristol, Va. city leaders pass final budget; alter staffing level procedure
- UPDATE: Johnson City doctor ordered to pay $1.2M in 2012 anticancer drug case
- Man lucky to be alive after heart stops for nearly 30 minutes
- Settlement between Sullivan County & Sheriff's Office could lead to tax increase
- Washington Co. - JC Animal Shelter in need of cat supplies