WISE COUNTY, Va. - Former Coeburn, Virginia town manager Loretta Mays was indicted by a Wise County Grand Jury on more than 130 charges.
According to court records, Mays is charged with 135 counts that include forgery, uttering and embezzlement.
The indictment accuses her of taking money from Lays Hardware for the Performing Arts Center.
Mays was fired from her job as town manager in April.
Wise County Commonwealth's Attorney, Ron Elkins, and Virginia State Police are looking at an audit of the town's finances.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman