WISE COUNTY, VA - A former rescue squad member is facing new criminal charges after being accused of engaging in inappropriate activities with a minor.
The Wise County Commonwealth's Attorney's office says Andrew Justin Rose is accused of taking indecent liberties with a minor while in a supervisory role and using an electronic device to propose an indecent act.
Authorities say he was a member of the Appalachia Rescue Squad at the time.
Rose was previously charged with stealing a cardiac monitor; at that time he was a member of the Clintwood Virginia Rescue Squad.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities