WISE COUNTY, Va. - Former Coeburn Town Manager Loretta Mays will spend time behind bars.
Wise County Commonwealth's Attorney Ron Elkins told News 5 Thursday that Mays was sentenced to eight months in jail, followed by four to six months at a women's detention center.
Mays pleaded guilty to 13 counts of embezzlement and 13 counts of forgery.
She was fired from her job as town manager after being accused of taking money from Lays Hardware Center for the Arts.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake