COEBURN, Va. - A former Coeburn, Virginia town manager admitted to taking money from Lays Hardware For The Performing Arts Center.
Paperwork from the 13th Judicial Circuit court shows Loretta Mays pleaded guilty to 13 counts of embezzlement and 13 counts of forgery.
She was fired from her job as town manager in April 2013.
Mays will be sentenced on May 16th.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College