COEBURN, Va. - A former Coeburn, Virginia town manager admitted to taking money from Lays Hardware For The Performing Arts Center.
Paperwork from the 13th Judicial Circuit court shows Loretta Mays pleaded guilty to 13 counts of embezzlement and 13 counts of forgery.
She was fired from her job as town manager in April 2013.
Mays will be sentenced on May 16th.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game