Deputy Fire Chief Travis Anderson tells News 5 a woman was killed in a house fire.
He said crews were called just after 3 Saturday morning. We're told a woman called her husband while he was at work, saying there was a problem at the house and he needed to get home.
Anderson said when the man arrived, he saw the house on fire. He then opened the door, giving the fire air, and it took off.
We're told the woman was handicap and on oxygen. Her mother was also in the house. She was brought to a hospital for treatment but has been released.
Anderson said it was a single level home and is a total loss. He also said he doesn't believe the fire is suspicious.
We have a crew on the way to the scene. Stay with News 5 for more information.
- Bristol, Va. school system operating under tight budget; asking city for extra funds
- Appalachian Power inspecting 600,000 power poles for any structural damage
- More accidents expected as Mt. Carmel speed cameras expire
- Mount Carmel BMA considers town park expansion
- Bluff City speed cam offline in 2019