WISE COUNTY, Va. - An inmate, who deputies say escaped from a Southwest Virginia Jail, is back behind bars.
The Wise County Sheriff's Office tells us 25-year-old Ryan Richard Potter was captured Sunday morning at a home on Nightingale Lane in Coeburn.
The Scott County Sheriff's Office tells us Potter walked off from an inmate work detail in Pennington Gap back on June 7th.
We're told Potter was in jail for a probation violation and was scheduled to be released in August.
He is now charged with Felony Escape
Ryan Richard Potter is being held at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Duffield.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon