Dozens gathered Monday night in Wise County, Virginia to remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The black history committee of the University of Virginia's College At Wise has been organizing the annual event for the past 18 years. In recognition of Dr. King's contributions during the civil rights era, people came together to participate in a candle light march through downtown Wise. That march went from the 1st Church Of God to Wise Baptist Church. The university will be putting on events throughout black history month. Click here for a complete list of events.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game