Dozens gathered Monday night in Wise County, Virginia to remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The black history committee of the University of Virginia's College At Wise has been organizing the annual event for the past 18 years. In recognition of Dr. King's contributions during the civil rights era, people came together to participate in a candle light march through downtown Wise. That march went from the 1st Church Of God to Wise Baptist Church. The university will be putting on events throughout black history month. Click here for a complete list of events.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane