A January 29, 2014 trial date has been set for the former town manager of Coeburn, Virginia.
Loretta Mays turned herself in to authorities Friday and was released on a $25,000 secured bond. Click here to read more.
A Wise County grand jury indicted Mays on 135 counts of forgery, uttering and embezzlement.
The indictment accuses her of taking money from Lays Hardware for the Performing Arts Center.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend