A Wise County, Va. man who pleaded guilty in December in connection with a slew of burglaries in March 2016 was sentenced to nine years in prison Friday.
Michael Jason Sluss, 26, was sentenced to 25 years, with 16 suspended, so he will serve nine years in prison.
Sluss confessed to breaking into multiple homes in the Flatwoods community in Wise County, stealing more than $200 in items including a gun, according to Commonwealth’s Attorney Chuck Slemp.
Sluss committed the crimes while still on probation after being given a suspended sentence for a drug possession charge in 2014.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Local GOP leaders plan to regroup, continue efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare
- Southwest Virginia school swings into action to create inclusive playground
- Allergy season getting an early start thanks to a warm winter
- Niswonger chosen as inaugural chair of ETSU Board of Trustees