A new deal in the coal industry will put hundreds of people back to work.
Southern Coal Corporation announced call-backs and additional job openings in southwest Virginia, southern West Virginia and eastern Kentucky. The effort will save 500 miners' jobs and bring 650 new jobs to the region.
We've learned the company secured coal orders with several customers.
They also have a multi-year agreement to supply coal to American Electric Power.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day