A new deal in the coal industry will put hundreds of people back to work.
Southern Coal Corporation announced call-backs and additional job openings in southwest Virginia, southern West Virginia and eastern Kentucky. The effort will save 500 miners' jobs and bring 650 new jobs to the region.
We've learned the company secured coal orders with several customers.
They also have a multi-year agreement to supply coal to American Electric Power.
- Updated ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics