A new deal in the coal industry will put hundreds of people back to work.
Southern Coal Corporation announced call-backs and additional job openings in southwest Virginia, southern West Virginia and eastern Kentucky. The effort will save 500 miners' jobs and bring 650 new jobs to the region.
We've learned the company secured coal orders with several customers.
They also have a multi-year agreement to supply coal to American Electric Power.
- Updated Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital