A new deal in the coal industry will put hundreds of people back to work.
Southern Coal Corporation announced call-backs and additional job openings in southwest Virginia, southern West Virginia and eastern Kentucky. The effort will save 500 miners' jobs and bring 650 new jobs to the region.
We've learned the company secured coal orders with several customers.
They also have a multi-year agreement to supply coal to American Electric Power.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport