A federal indictment released Monday charged a southwest Virginia coal company with trying to defraud Eastman Chemical Company.
According to the indictment, Dale Edward Stanley, the owner of Mountain Energy Resources in Norton, Virginia, contracted with Eastman to provide a high-quality steam coal.
It is alleged that Stanley provided Eastman with lower-quality coal by concealing it under higher-quality coal in rail cars sent to Eastman.
If convicted, 53-year-old Stanley faces a term of 20 years in prison on each count, plus a $250,000 fine.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations