A man that police said stole items from a group of residents in a Big Stone Gap neighborhood then tried to pawn them off is headed to prison after a judge passes sentence.
Billy Joe Ramey, 34, received an active sentence of 3 years and 11 months after a Circuit Court judge suspended a portion of the sentence, according to Commonwealth's Attorney Chuck Slemp.
Ramey was arrested in 2016 after items taken from the homes located on Powell Valley Road were found by officers inside his apartment. They included clothing, jewelry and electronics valued at more than $1,000, the report said.
- Updated American Merchant investing $19M, creating 400 new jobs in Bristol, Virginia
- Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters