BIG STONE GAP, Va. - An area hospital has expanded.
Lonesome Pine Hospital in Big Stone Gap, Virginia has added two birthing rooms, opened a new nursery and doubled the size of the nurses' station.
The modifications also included the addition of a system at the nurses' station that enables staff and physicians to constantly monitor elements of birth, like fetal heart rate and the frequency of a woman's contractions. Doctors can log onto the system from their home or office and direct nurses on appropriate care prior to their arrival at Lonesome Pine.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon