BIG STONE GAP, Va. - An area hospital has expanded.
Lonesome Pine Hospital in Big Stone Gap, Virginia has added two birthing rooms, opened a new nursery and doubled the size of the nurses' station.
The modifications also included the addition of a system at the nurses' station that enables staff and physicians to constantly monitor elements of birth, like fetal heart rate and the frequency of a woman's contractions. Doctors can log onto the system from their home or office and direct nurses on appropriate care prior to their arrival at Lonesome Pine.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City