APPALACHIA, Va. - Dozens of homeowners in Appalachia are still without water.
According to the Appalachia City Manager, crews were working on a new water system that would raise the water pressure to a normal level. When the new system was finished, older pipes couldn't handle the increase in pressure causing problems for homeowners.
The city is using grant money to add pressure reducing valves for the more than 80 homes affected. Repairs should be finished by the end of the week.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon