WISE, Va. - A former University of Virginia College at Wise student entered a guilty plea Friday.
He is charged with falsely reporting a gunman on campus earlier this year. Click here to read more about that story.
According to court documents, Bryant Alexander Hairston pleaded guilty to two counts of making false statements to police in regard to the January 23 hoax.
Police said Hairston called 911 and reported a gunman on campus. In response to that report, the school was put on lockdown.
We've learned Hairston could face up to 10 years in prison.
His sentencing is set for September 9.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash