WISE, Va. - A former University of Virginia College at Wise student entered a guilty plea Friday.
He is charged with falsely reporting a gunman on campus earlier this year. Click here to read more about that story.
According to court documents, Bryant Alexander Hairston pleaded guilty to two counts of making false statements to police in regard to the January 23 hoax.
Police said Hairston called 911 and reported a gunman on campus. In response to that report, the school was put on lockdown.
We've learned Hairston could face up to 10 years in prison.
His sentencing is set for September 9.
- New Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan