All of the wet weather in the region will not dampen fun at the pumpkin patch this year. In fact, some pumpkins may be bigger and heavier this year because of the rain.
The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services says large halloween pumpkins can be found across the Commonwealth.
The Agriculture Department says you should look for pumpkins with good color, a nice handle on the stem and no soft spots. Pumpkins that are not carved could last through Thanksgiving, as a fall decoration.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone