All of the wet weather in the region will not dampen fun at the pumpkin patch this year. In fact, some pumpkins may be bigger and heavier this year because of the rain.
The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services says large halloween pumpkins can be found across the Commonwealth.
The Agriculture Department says you should look for pumpkins with good color, a nice handle on the stem and no soft spots. Pumpkins that are not carved could last through Thanksgiving, as a fall decoration.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development