All of the wet weather in the region will not dampen fun at the pumpkin patch this year. In fact, some pumpkins may be bigger and heavier this year because of the rain.
The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services says large halloween pumpkins can be found across the Commonwealth.
The Agriculture Department says you should look for pumpkins with good color, a nice handle on the stem and no soft spots. Pumpkins that are not carved could last through Thanksgiving, as a fall decoration.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next