MARION, Va. - UPDATE: The Smyth County Sheriff's Office tells us the Thomas Bridge Water Corporation has temporarily restored water to customers in the Brown Subdivision and Hall Addition areas of Marion.
People are asked to only use water for essentials and to boil it.
Crews expect to make a permanent repair it later this week.
ORIGINAL STORY: Customers of Thomas Bridge Water Corporation in the Hall Addition and Brown Subdivision areas in Marion are without water due to a main line blow out .
Marion, Va city officials say crews will be working to repair the problem as quickly as possible.
No word on when it will be repaired.
News 5 will continue to follow the situation and will bring you the facts as we get them.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake