MARION, Va. - UPDATE: The Smyth County Sheriff's Office tells us the Thomas Bridge Water Corporation has temporarily restored water to customers in the Brown Subdivision and Hall Addition areas of Marion.
People are asked to only use water for essentials and to boil it.
Crews expect to make a permanent repair it later this week.
ORIGINAL STORY: Customers of Thomas Bridge Water Corporation in the Hall Addition and Brown Subdivision areas in Marion are without water due to a main line blow out .
Marion, Va city officials say crews will be working to repair the problem as quickly as possible.
No word on when it will be repaired.
News 5 will continue to follow the situation and will bring you the facts as we get them.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million