WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - (Released for publication) Deputies assigned to the SRO Unit of the Washington County Sheriff's Office arrested Charles W. Whitson, age 36, on the charge of aggravated assault after the SRO at David Crockett High School came in contact with the alleged juvenile victim.
The juvenile had signs of bruising around the neck and on the face consistent with an assault.
The alleged assault had occurred the previous evening at a residence in Telford.
Charles Whitson is currently being housed in the Washington County Detention Center on a $50,000.00 bond.
Arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 9 a.m.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting