WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Washington County, Va. Board of Supervisors will discuss a resolution to prevent immigrant children from being relocated here. They meet Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m.
County Administrator Jason Berry has been working on the resolution since their last meeting on June 24.
We were at that meeting as Board of Supervisor's member Bill Gibson brought up the issue, following rumors the children may be relocated to Virginia Intermont College in Bristol, Va. Gibson acknowledged it's anyone's guess right now whether or not the children will come but he asked his fellow board members to act to keep the children out of our area. As a result, they decided to have Berry draft the resolution as a preemptive move.
You can take a look at the resolution up for discussion by clicking here.
- Updated Update on Proposed Methadone Clinic for Gray
- Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic