DAMASCUS, Va. - It's been a crazy week in Washington D.C. with three new scandals coming to the surface, one of those involving the taxman - the IRS is under fire after allegedly targeting conservative groups.
U.S. Senator Tim Kaine was in southwest Virginia this weekend while taking a break from the nation's capital. Senator Kaine spent some time at Trail Days in Damascus and then stopped at a music festival at Virginia Highlands Community College.
Senator Kaine thinks they need to take a larger broom to the Internal Revenue Service. "There's probably more people who need to be relieved of their post because the American public has to know there won't be any politics in the way taxes are assessed or collected," said Kaine.
Kaine also says he's happy President Obama made the decision to let go the acting director of the IRS.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record