WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - (Released for publication) According to Sheriff Ed Graybeal, Sheriff's Deputies responded to McKinley Memorial Bible Church, 104 McKinley Church Rd. on a theft in progress call.
When deputies arrived they met with the victim, who owns the land behind the church. The land has several old vehicles and equipment on it.
Deputies then made contact with Donald Oscar Gower, age 52, 111 Roseview Dr. #19, Jonesborough, Tn, and Melissa Gail Hyatt, age 31, same address, who were in the woods loading metal and car parts into a wheelbarrow.
Deputies also found metal that was piled up by the two suspects to be taken later.
The suspects were arrested for theft over $500, and transported to the Washington County Detention Center.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court