WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Washington County, Tennessee authorities continue to search for two people accused of armed robbery.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office says a woman was robbed at gunpoint by people she says offered her a ride home.
It happened around 5:30 Saturday evening on Dry Creek Road.
Deputies tell us four people including 20-year-old Christa Bailey and 20-year-old John Watson picked up a woman who needed a ride to Erwin. Deputies say Bailey and Watson are accused of pulling out guns and stealing the woman's purse and painkillers.
The woman called 911 after getting out of the car.
Bailey and Watson were arrested in Erwin and charged with aggravated robbery. Officers say they still had the stolen painkillers.
The search for the other two suspects continues.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run