WASHINGTON CO, Tenn. - Two people are behind bars tonight in connection to an investigation into two illegal dump sites in Washington County, Virginia.
29-year-old Brandon DeFriece and 22-year-old Nikki Griffin, both of Bristol, Tennessee, are charged with littering and felony disposal of waste tires.
Sheriff Fred Newman tells us illegal dump sites were found on Cleveland and Slaughter Roads. He says more than 3,000 tires were on the property.
The sheriff says the cleanup to the landowner was about 22-thousand dollars.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim