WASHINGTON CO, Tenn. - Two people are behind bars tonight in connection to an investigation into two illegal dump sites in Washington County, Virginia.
29-year-old Brandon DeFriece and 22-year-old Nikki Griffin, both of Bristol, Tennessee, are charged with littering and felony disposal of waste tires.
Sheriff Fred Newman tells us illegal dump sites were found on Cleveland and Slaughter Roads. He says more than 3,000 tires were on the property.
The sheriff says the cleanup to the landowner was about 22-thousand dollars.
- Updated Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween
- Updated Kids given farm lessons at "Ag in the Classroom"
- New Animal Shelter Thrift Store in Johnson City closing in Dec