WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Homeowners in Gray said they were in bed when they heard a tree fall on their house just after midnight Thursday.
They got up and found the tree in their hallway.
Strong storms and heavy winds that were in the area for much of the night caused the tree to fall over.
The homeowners are staying with family members until repairs are done on their home.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting