WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia state police are investigating a tractor trailer accident in Glade Spring, Virginia.
Trooper Maddox with Virginia State Police says a tractor trailer overturned on Route 91 at the Interstate 81 exit ramp.
It happened Sunday afternoon around 1:00.
The driver of the truck was injured and taken to Johnston Memorial Hospital, but is expected to be ok.
Police say speed is likely a factor in the crash and the driver was charged with reckless driving. The driver's name has not been released.
We've also learned the trailer was carrying avocados and crews will have to unload the trailer before it can be moved.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome