JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The town of Jonesborough, Tenn. has bought the International Storytelling Center building.
Town mayor Kelly Wolfe said it's a win-win situation for both the town and the ISC. He said the building originally cost about $5 million to build. They bought it for $1 million.
The money the ISC pays to be in the building will cover their debt.
The board of mayor and aldermen are now talking about how to improve the building in the future. "We're going to devise a plan for some outdoor seating, some dining possibilities and event possibilities," Wolfe said.
They are soliciting proposals for the front gift shop area.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims