JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The town of Jonesborough, Tenn. has bought the International Storytelling Center building.
Town mayor Kelly Wolfe said it's a win-win situation for both the town and the ISC. He said the building originally cost about $5 million to build. They bought it for $1 million.
The money the ISC pays to be in the building will cover their debt.
The board of mayor and aldermen are now talking about how to improve the building in the future. "We're going to devise a plan for some outdoor seating, some dining possibilities and event possibilities," Wolfe said.
They are soliciting proposals for the front gift shop area.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest