WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A man is in serious condition Thursday morning after police say he was thrown from his truck in a wreck.
Police say the crash happened just after midnight in Washington County, Virginia.
According to Virginia State Police Trooper Wyrick, David Mullins was traveling southbound on State Route 11, between Abingdon and Meadowview, when he ran off the road, went over a hill and was thrown from his truck.
Trooper Wyrick says Mullins was flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center and is in serious condition.
He believes Mullins fell asleep while driving.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin