JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Construction of a major traffic circle is moving right along in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The five point roundabout is at the intersection of highways 81 and 353 and is being made into the round shape by Summers Taylor Construction. This is the solution to the area having a high number of accidents in the area. Town Administrator Bob Browning says, "it's much safer than a normal traffic signal would be in terms of the kinds of accidents that occur accidents without injuries and when people can go through that intersection at 25 miles per hour and continue going where they are you know we feel like that's been a really good decision by TDOT." As a precaution in the meantime a temporary traffic signal has been put in the construction area.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting