WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Police are looking for a man they say fled the scene of a hit-and-run Saturday morning.
Virginia State Police tell us it happened around 2:00 Saturday morning on Highway 11W in Washington County, Virginia.
We're told a person walking in the road was hit by a car.
Police tell us the driver of the car got out to check on the pedestrian and left the scene.
We're told the suspect is a male, about 6 feet tall with brown hair and a beard.
Police say the car is a gray 80's model Toyota with some damage to the front bumper and windshield.
The pedestrian is expected to be ok.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest