WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Phil Timp has passed away after a long public battle with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, according to Tennessee District One Representative Jon Lundburg.
Lundburg told News 5 Timp went to sleep Monday night and never woke up.
Timp wrote a book called the Moments that Took My Breath Away.
Best selling author and friend Adriana Trigiani helped him get it published.
Timp said his family and faith helped him live a full life.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction