JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Traffic volume is up at the intersection of Payne Road and State Highway 11E.
Town administrator, Bob Browning blames the problem on drivers that use Payne Road as a shortcut from State Route 81. "We've had an increase in accidents in that intersection you know at some point in time we feel like the traffic signal is going to be necessary there." says Browning.
Browning says T-Dot will have to approve a traffic signal before it can be installed at the intersection.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Updated Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law