JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Traffic volume is up at the intersection of Payne Road and State Highway 11E.
Town administrator, Bob Browning blames the problem on drivers that use Payne Road as a shortcut from State Route 81. "We've had an increase in accidents in that intersection you know at some point in time we feel like the traffic signal is going to be necessary there." says Browning.
Browning says T-Dot will have to approve a traffic signal before it can be installed at the intersection.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting