GLADE SPRING, Va. - A late-night fire in Washington County, Virginia left one person dead Wednesday.
Washington County Emergency Management Director Pokey Harris tells us crews were called to a mobile home just after midnight on Loves Mill Road in Glade Spring.
After containing the blaze, officials found a body at the scene. Virginia State Police identified the victim as 39-year-old Kevin Melton, who lived at the home.
The home was a total loss. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome