WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A traffic stop in Washington County, Tennessee results in a major drug bust.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office says deputies pulled over a car seen speeding on West Walnut Street. Once the car was pulled over, K9 Mali alerted officers he sensed illegal drugs in the car.
Deputies say a search of the vehicle yielded more than a half-pound of marijuana, divided into 38 individual baggies. Deputies also found another bag of marijuana in the car passenger's pocket.
As a result of this drug find, deputies arrested Jean Carlos Carrion Lopez, Bryan Becerra and Saul Cordoba Rangel. They all face several drug charges.
The three are scheduled to be arraigned in court on Monday.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough