WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The United Way of Washington County, Tennessee was both celebrating the past and welcoming new leaders for next year's campaign Thursday.
Volunteers, community leaders, and agencies met to celebrate last year's fundraising campaign.
Folks were also welcoming the incoming Board Chair, Becky Hilbert, for 2013-2014 as well as forming action plans to meet next year's goals.
"We've got some great plans about getting more people involved, educating them all about what United Way does, and we would love to be able to expand out into the community," added Hilbert.
When it comes to next year's fundraiser, we're told leaders will soon meet to set a campaign goal.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens
- Updated Jonesborough police chief issues brief statement after being placed on leave