DAMASCUS, Va. - News 5 WCYB has learned more about the driver of the car which struck more than a dozen people at the Trail Days event in Damascus.
Police chief Bill Nunley tells us the man behind the wheel of the Cadillac was 87-year-old Deward Blevins of Shady Valley, Tennessee.
The chief says Blevins did have a medical condition, but he can't say what it is due to federal regulations on patient information and privacy.
Nunley says as of right now police do not plan on filing charges against Blevins.
We did learn investigators are still reviewing his medical records. His car was registered with a disabled driver license plate.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting