WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A shoplifting call led Washington County, Virginia authorities to a meth lab in the parking lot of Walmart.
According to Sheriff Fred Newman, 51-year-old Donald Wayne Russell was arrested after they say he tried to take over $2,000 in merchandise from the store.
He says that led officers to search for his vehicle where they found a one-pot lab an ingredients to make more meth.
Russell is facing several charges including manufacturing meth and shoplifting. He's in the Abingdon Regional Jail under a $12,000 bond.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction