Washington County, VA - Two people were arrested in Washington County, Virginia after deputies found an active one-pot meth lab in a motel room in Bristol, Virginia.
Washington County Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman tells News 5 deputies executed a search warrant a little past midnight early Saturday morning to a motel room at the Deluxe Inn on Lee Highway.
We're told that's where officers found Randall Mercer, and his daughter, Candida Maldonado with two one-pot meth labs and a small amount of methamphetamine.
Officers say both were living in the motel room.
Both are being charged with two counts of manufacturing methamphetamine, one count of possession of methamphetamine, one count to manufacture methamphetamine, and one count of possession of methamphetamine precursors
We're told Mercer is being held without bond, while Maldonado is being held on a $3,000 secured bond at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests