JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A Jonesborough man will spend 30 years in prison after being convicted of raping a child.
Washington County, Tennessee prosecutors say 30-year-old Josh Theall was convicted of five counts of rape of a child.
He entered a best interest plea in Washington County Criminal Court which means he didn't admit guilt but agrees prosecutors have sufficient evidence for a jury to convict him.
Investigators say the child had been raped at least eight times.
Rape of a child requires a defendant must serve 100 percent of the sentence before being released.
After he is released, Theall will be placed on the sex offender registry and be supervised for life.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin