WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A Washington County, Virginia man has pleaded guilty to a rape charge.
Hursel Harold Elkins, Jr. was charged with rape, animate object sexual penetration, and taking indecent liberties with a child more than a year ago.
Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to each of those charges. The sheriff says the offenses took place against one victim between 2009 and 2012.
His sentencing is set for April 11.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting